Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Show Goes On...FINALLY!!!

So, life kicks us around, and eventually, tired of being kicked, we stand up, dust off our ideas, and kick back.

Which leads us to where we are today.
So, a couple of years ago or so, I posted that we were going to make five movies, in five months, for $1500.  Yeah.  Well, as we all know, that didn't happen.
BUT!
Here's what IS happening!
One year.
26 shorts (that's one every two weeks, by the way.)
Distributed freely through the internet.
Cost?  $1300.

Why the change?  Money, mostly.  Losing my job made it impossible to afford the $1500 going out of my account so quickly.  But $100 a month?  I believe I can afford that.  At this time, I'm not going to look at Crowdfunding.  However, if it turns out that people really like our shorts and trailers, we may consider that to fund an entire film based on whichever trailer people most want made into a movie.
Right now, though, I just want to make a few cool movies to put on my reel.

I need to take a moment here, and thank some people who have kept me pushing towards this.

Joe Sherlock is an independent movie-maker who has been a follower on this blog for awhile.  We've never met.  But he's also a friend on Facebook, and he's been very supportive, never pushy, but...It's obvious to me that he wants to see what happens with this.  Because he told me so.  Thanks, Joe.

My daughter.  Yeah, I know, it sounds cheesy, but Lil has been really wanting me to make another film, and she doesn't care what it is, she just knows I'm not happy unless I'm trying to be creative.  Here you go, honey.  I think you're going to enjoy this.

A few years ago, I bought this book called SHOCK FESTIVAL by some shmoe named Stephen Romano.  It's a fictional work about the exploitation business from the late 1960's to the present.  It's fake, but "true", if you get that.  The book was my original catalyst for trying to form Cheapest Movies Ever in the first place.  I got to meet Mr. Romano, and not only is he NOT a shmoe, he is one of the coolest cats I've ever seen.  Just awesome, passionate about exploitation, and a whirlwind of information.  I told him about CME, and he said "Whatever happens, man, make sure you send it to me.  That sounds awesome!"  So...I'm wanting to send it to him.  Because he supported me without even knowing it, and then he supported me when he met me.

Fred Olen Ray.  Fred Olen ray barely knows I exist.  I've been a fan of his for years, used to chat with him on his forum occasionally, and every now and then I get updates from him through his Facebook Fan page.  Fred Olen Ray is simply one of the most bad-ass film guys in the world today.  He doesn't sit around waiting for some suit to decide to give him money to make a movie.  He makes movies.  ALL THE TIME.  He makes action, horror, sci-fi, T&A, kids movies, and now, even light romantic comedy.  He grew up at the drive-in, he likes exploitation, and his commentary tracks are the single most informative, no bullshit things you'll ever hear.  I owe him.

James Esely needs to be on here, too.  James is a great actor who has been waiting patiently for me to get off my ass and do something for two years.  I'm going to kill him this year.  In fact, I'm going to kill him a lot. Just you wait, James.

And finally, I owe Adam Gaulding a ton.  He's a bad-ass too.  This is partly for you, Adam.

Now.  I have a monster suit to make tomorrow, and I need to get to bed.  Keep your eyes open, true believers.  Because there's some stuff on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment